Information on all current Tascam recording products
- 02.10.15 - Visit the Sample Music Festival in Berlin
- 02.10.15 - Tascam at SAE Alumni Convention in Berlin
- 09.07.15 - US-16x08 driver update to fix issue with Google Chrome
- 14.04.15 - Compact, rack-mountable 64-track backup solution
- 14.04.15 - Flagship USB 20-channel audio interface released
- 18.02.15 - TA-1VP product page updated
- 03.02.15 - Delivery of the US-16x08 started
- [ ... ]
- 24.11.16 - DR-44WL: Tested Media List
- 24.11.16 - DR-100MKIII: Tested Media List
- 24.11.16 - DR-100MKIII: Firmware update how-to
- 24.11.16 - DR-100MKIII: v1.01 Release Notes
- 24.11.16 - DR-100MKIII: Firmware v1.01
- 21.11.16 - DR Control: Owner’s Manual, Revision D
- 21.11.16 - US-16x08: v2.0 Release Notes
- 21.11.16 - US-16x08: Settings Panel v2.00 for macOS
TM series – a whole line of microphones from Tascam
Tascam have revealed a full line of microphones for home recordists and owners of smaller studios. The series comprises of two large-diaphragm condenser mics (TM-280 and TM-180), a universal small-diaphragm condenser mic (TM-60), a mic set for drums (TM-DRUMS) consisting of two dynamic mics for bass drum and snare drum as well as two condenser mics for cymbals or overheads.
Also newly available is an acoustic control filter to facilitate dry vocal and instrument recordings (TM-AR1) and a pop filter (TM-AG1) that allows cleaner vocal recordings by reducing plosives.
Improved Wi-Fi remote control with v2.0 for DR-44WL and DR-22WL
The DR-44WL and DR-22WL handheld recorders which offer full remote control via Wi-Fi, have been remodeled by adding new features based on customer feedback making them even more user friendly along with the TASCAM DR CONTROL app. Improvements in Wi-Fi connectivity between the recorder and your smartphone or tablet device include a new mode for connection via an existing Wi-Fi router or access point. This allows an Internet connection to be utilised even while operating the recorder, and share content or use other apps at the same time. Including the conventional mode for direct, one-to-one connection without a Wi-Fi router, users can now choose the connection mode according to purpose and situation.
The TASCAM DR CONTROL app has also been completely renewed with a more intuitive, sophisticated graphical design and provides the user with an easy-to-use tool to manage files not only within the app but also in the recorder.
You can download the latest firmware free of charge from our download page. TASCAM DR CONTROL can be obtained freely from the Apple store (iOS) and Google store (Android).
Compatibility macOS Sierra
The following Tascam interfaces have been tested and are proved to be compatible with macOS Sierra:
- US-2x2 (SP 1.02 FW 1.01)
- US-4x4 (SP 1.02 FW 1.01)
- US-16x08 (SP 1.00 FW 1.00)
- US-20x20 (SP 1.02 FW 1.01)
- MiNiSTUDIO Personal US-32 (SP 1.10 FW 1.10)
- MiNiSTUDIO Creator US-42 (SP 1.10 FW 1.10)
- US-125 (Dedicated driver is not needed)
- US-100 (Dedicated driver is not needed)
- US-1200 (SP 3.23 FW 1.0)
- US-1800 (SP 3.25 FW 1.0)
- UH-7000 (Driver v1.13)
- US-322 (SP 3.23 FW 1.03)
- US-366 (SP 3.23 FW 1.03)
- US-122MKII* (SP 3.25rc2 FW 2.03)
- US-144MKII* (SP 3.25rc2 FW 2.03)
(SP = Settings Panel / driver version; FW = Firmware version)Important! US-122MKII and US-144MKII can currently only be used with 44.1/48 kHz sample rates and buffer sizes of 256 or higher under macOS Sierra. Nevertheless, we have decided to release this driver in advance to allow you to run the interfaces at least at standard sampling rates.
16 analogue outputs and a larger SSD for the DA-6400 64-track audio recorder
Tascam now also offers an interface card with 16 analogue outputs for their DA-6400 64-track digital recorder. Along with two MADI, one Dante and one AES/EBU card, the IF-AN16/OUT is the fifth in the league. An AVB model is also planned.
Furthermore, the TSSD-480A is another SSD available as storage medium for recording. With a capacity of 480 gigabytes, it offers enough room for 64-track recordings of more than 14 hours. Like the 240-gigabyte model, this new mass storage is designed for superior reliability during continuous operation and can be utilized by the recorder using a special caddy (AK-CC25).
Compatibility with Windows 10
Using the latest driver and firmware updates (including beta drivers), the following models can be used with Windows 10:
US-2x2, US-4x4, US-16x08, US-20x20, UH-7000, US-322, US-366, US-1800
Moreover, the following products can be used as mass storage devices under Windows 10: DP-32SD, DR-24SD, DP-03, DP-006, DP-008EX, DR-100MKII, DR-44WL, DR-22WL, DR-05, DR-40, DR-07MK2, DR-60D, DR-60DMKII, DR-70D, DR-680, DR-680MKII, DR-10C, DR-10X, DV-RA1000HD, HS-P82