Four-Channel AES/EBU-Dante Converter
The AE-4D is an exquisite AES/EBU input/output unit that converts up to four AES/EBU signals into four Dante audio channels and vice-versa. It has an input sample rate converter, supports audio resolutions up to 96 kHz / 24 bit and uses balanced XLR connectors for AES/EBU input and output. DSP functions in this model are limited to input and output faders and mute.
The AE-4D is part of the Tascam Dante Compact Processor Series consisting of compact, half-rack size audio converters for Dante/AES67 networks. The models easily add additional mic/line or AES/EBU inputs/outputs to Dante audio networks in public facilities, broadcasting stations, recording studios or upmarket domestic environment and can be freely combined.
Remote control is possible via two different software applications available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices: Tascam DCP Connect for configuration and Tascam EZ Connect for end users, both of which are simple to use and included with the units.
All models can be powered by PoE or an optional AC adapter. By using power daisy-chaining, two units mounted side-by-side in a rack can be powered by one AC adapter.
Dante Compact Processor Series overview
The series of our compact Dante interfaces includes the following models:
- MM-4D/IN: 4-channel mic/line input
- ML-4D/OUT: 4-channel line output
- MM-2D: 2-channel mic/line input/output
- AE-4D: AES/EBU 4-channel input/output
Space-saving break-out box for quick setups or permanent installation
As a compact 4x4 AES3 interface for Dante networks, the Tascam AE-4D is ideal where space is a limiting factor. Install it, for example, under a table or shelf in a conference room or broadcast studio, side by side with another device in a touring or studio rack using the AK-RS1 rackmount shelf, or place it wherever AES3 ins and outs are currently required.
Comfortable and reliable: Power supply via PoE
All DCP series models can be powered over the network connection (PoE, Power over Ethernet). This means you don’t need an AC adapter for each unit – there does not even have to be a socket at the installation site when using a PoE compatible network switch. This can lead to drastically reduced installation costs if a system consists of several DCP units.
Remote control via dedicated software
Since the AE-4D handles digital AES3 signals only, remote control functions for this product are limited to volume control and muting. Two types of remote control software are available:
- Tascam DCP Connect: Designed for system integrators/managers who handle the configuration and settings of an entire system.
- Tascam EZ Connect: Designed for end-users, allowing them to use simple controls. The administrator can specify which controls are accessible.
Flexible routing through Dante Controller
Like any device in a Dante network, the AE-4D’s ins and outs can be flexibly routed via the Dante Controller, a configuration software used to manage all the audio devices in a Dante network. Our DCP models are also compatible with Dante Domain Manager which features security functions and enables the use of wide-area networks and subnets. This helps to easily integrate the Dante Compact Processor Series into already established network infrastructures. And with the AES67 mode, even connection to Ravenna and similar AES67 networks is possible.
- Two AES/EBU inputs on balanced XLR connectors with sampling rate converter
- Two AES/EBU outputs on balanced XLR connectors
- Four audio channels at 44.1/48 kHz, 16/24 bit
- Two audio channels at 88.2/96 kHz, 16/24 bit
- Dante interface allows audio signals to be transferred over an Ethernet network
- Two LAN connectors for Dante daisy-chaining
- Flexible routing with “Dante Controller” software
- AES67 is supported to allow connection with Ravenna and other compatible audio network technologies
- Up to 96 kHz sampling rate and 24 bit resolution
- Front-panel indicators for operation status and current sample rate
- Signal indicators for input and output signals
- Power supply by PoE (Power over Ethernet) or optional PS-P1220E AC adapter
- Power daisy-chaining allows two units to be supplied from one AC adapter
- Half-rack size chassis (1U)
- Attachment brackets included for mounting the unit under a table top, for example
- Fader and mute settings for each input and output channel
- Tascam DCP Connect offers full access to virtually all settings (compatible with Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices)
- PS-P1220E AC adapter (can also be used for redundant power supply when operating at PoE)
- AK-RS1 rackmount shelf for two units to be mounted side by side
|Number of channels and formats||4 channels, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16/24-bit
2 channels (double speed), 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 16/24-bit
|Inputs and outputs|
|Input impedance||110 Ω|
|Supported sampling frequencies||32–192 kHz (Sampling rate converter is always on)|
|Input impedance||110 Ω|
|Supported sampling frequencies||44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz|
|Dante/Ethernet connectors (DATA/DATA+PoE)||RJ-45|
|Gigabit Ethernet standard||1000BASE-T (IEEE 802.3ab)|
|Cable requirements||Cat 5e or better STP cables|
|Power supply and other specifications|
|Power supply||PoE class 0
Tascam PS-P1220E AC adapter (sold separately)
|Power consumption||3 W|
|Dimensions (W × H × D)||214 mm × 45 mm × 136 mm (including protrusions)|
|Permissible operating temperature range||0–40 ºC|
Design and specifications subject to change without notice.