Mic/Guitar Interface for Smartphones And Tablet Computers
iXZ is a pocket-sized mic/instrument input for smartphones and tablet computers. This powerful little gadget turns such a device into an instant recording studio. Plug in a microphone, guitar or bass to interact with the latest guitar amp, sampling, recording and DJ apps. The iXZ supplies phantom power for condenser microphones and a control to set the gain. There is also a headphone output to monitor from your iOS/Android* device.
The iXZ can be used in various applications and will surely be an indispensable tool for anyone who enjoys creating music.
- High-quality mic/instrument preamp for smartphones and tablet computers
- Use your iOS/Android device for serious recording, guitar/bass/vocal training or karaoke
- Balanced/unbalanced combo input connector (XLR/TS)
- Switchable phantom power for condenser microphones
- Level control on mic input
- Headphone output
- Connection with mobile device via 4-pin mini plug (CTIA standard connector; an Apple Lightning adapter or OMTP adapter may be required to connect to your mobile device)
- No battery required when used as instrument preamp
- Two AA batteries required for mic preamp and phantom power
- Tascam 2-track recording app can be downloaded from AppStore at no charge
- Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
|Analogue audio inputs and outputs|
|Microphone input||XLR-3-31 (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD)|
|Input impedance||2.4 kΩ|
|Nominal input level||–42 dBu (INPUT Volume set to max.)
+2 dBu (INPUT Volume set to min.)
|Maximum input level||+2 dBu|
|Guitar input||6.3-mm mono standard jack|
|Input impedance||470 kΩ|
|Maximum input level||–10 dBV|
|Headphones output||3.5-mm stereo mini jack|
|iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad connection cable||3.5-mm 4-pin mini jack, 500 mm (CTIA standard, adapter required for OMTP-compatible devices)|
|Power supply and other specifications|
|Power supply||Two alkaline batteries or NiMH rechargeables (used for microphone input)|
|Power consumption||Approx. 0.32 W (with phantom current 5 mA)|
|Battery life time (continuous operation)||15 hours (with Evolta alkaline batteries, phantom current 5 mA)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||106 mm x 40 mm x 45 mm|
|Weight||101 g (excluding batteries)|
|Operation temperature range||5–40 °C|
Design and specifications subject to change without notice.