Digital Audio Recorder With Lavalier Microphone
For added flexibility, the included wired lavalier microphone is affixed via a screw connector compatible with most Sennheiser lavalier microphones and other mics with the same connector.
DR-10L Product Presentation
Ultra-Compact Recorder/Mic Combo
The DR-10L is small, easy to conceal and weighs only 63 grams including battery. Perfect for filmshoots, interviews, press conferences or stage performances, the DR-10L can easily be hidden away so that nothing comes between you and the perfect shot (with perfect audio!).
A durable clip is also included allowing the unit to be attached to a belt and hidden under a jacket, for example.
Simple and Easy Setup
The dedicated lavalier microphone included with the DR-10L is a perfect match with the recorder. It captures a wide range of sound levels with a sensitivity of –42 dBV/Pa, and 115 dB SPL maximum input sound pressure. This means it picks up quiet speakers just as well as loud ones.
A few settings on the simple panel are needed to start recording, and the screw lock ensures that the connection is always secure.
Long-Time Operation With a Single AAA Battery
One easily obtained Alkaline AAA battery powers the DR-10L for up to 10 hours* continuously. This means all-day-long performance with minimal concern for changing the battery. Disposable lithium or rechargeable NiMH batteries can also be used.
* Up to 15 hours with lithium battery. Battery life varies depending on battery type. When using the DR-10L with headphones connected, operation time decreases.
iZotope RX Elements Included
The DR-10L comes with a free full version of RX Elements, iZotope’s groundbreaking audio repair and noise reduction tool. This combination brings a powerful recording and editing workflow solution to live productions where ambient noise and environmental distractions are common post production challenges, including weddings, on-location films, and documentaries, to name a few. The bundle of DR-10L and RX Elements reflects synergy at its best, where individual components in the production chain combine to create a solution greater than the sum of the two parts.
About iZotope RX Elements
Perfect for small home studios, RX Elements is a budget-friendly noise reduction and audio repair tool powered by technology used in studios all over the world. Features of RX Elements:
- Repair Assistant: This intelligent repair tool can detect noise, clipping, clicks, and more. Solve common audio issues faster than ever by selecting the type of material (music, dialogue, other) and letting Repair Assistant analyse the audio with one listen.
- Voice De-noise: This tool can adapt to a changing noise floor for responsive, articulate vocal correction.
- De-Clip: This tool repairs digital and analogue clipping artifacts, eliminating the need to re-record your audio.
- De-Click: Use this to polish audio recordings suffering from quality degradation and digital errors.
- De-hum: This tool automatically identifies unwanted hum and precisely removes it for immediate clarity.
*RX Elements is a product of iZotope, Inc. Please visit https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx.html for further information.
Security and convenience for your recording sessions
Create two recordings simultaneously at different levels
Film-makers and videographers often experience sudden audio volume jumps during filming. An actor could decide to scream a line and a documentary subject could do almost anything. Designed to be used as a self-contained remote recording device, the DR-10L is well prepared to deal with these scenarios. It has several features to prevent distorted audio, but the most secure is Dual Recording. This feature captures a copy of your signal at a lower level, as a safety track in case of distortion.
Automatic file closing saves file data before the battery runs out
You can always monitor the battery level on the easy-to-read OLED display. If the battery runs out in the middle of a recording, the unit will automatically save the file before turning off so your take isn’t lost. And the case is designed so that batteries can be changed quickly.
Auto level, limiter and other functions solve common recording level problems
You can choose between five different gain levels or use the automatic level function. If the input sound volume is too low or too high, the recorder can increase or decrease the recording level to an appropriate value automatically. There is also a limiter that prevents distortion caused by sudden input overloads. All these functions save you from worrying about recording level settings in situations when there is no second chance.
Linear PCM Recording For High-Quality Audio
The DR-10L is designed to capture high-quality audio at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz and 16/24 bit. It is perfect for television, film and stage performances, as well as lectures and other professional recording applications. The unit records in WAV/BWF recording format, selectable from mono or poly (stereo file with the same data on both left and right channels). The firmware V2.0 and later update also offers MP3 recording at both 128 kbit/s and 192 kbit/s.
Also, the names of the files created can be composed of a user-defined series of characters or the date.
High-Contrast, Easy-to-Read OLED Display
The easy-to-read OLED display allows you to check the battery level, recording status, and level meter. As a result, the recorder can do without LEDs, which can be disturbing especially in dark production environments.
Headphones Output for Input Monitoring and Playback
Even though the DR-10L is really small, it has a headphones output that allows you to check recorded data right away, and to monitor the input during recording. Although you can connect stereo headphones, you will hear the same signal on both sides as the DR-10L records in mono.
Note: When operated with headphones, battery life decreases significantly.
Features at a glance
- Micro-sized audio recorder with lavalier microphone, microphone clip and windscreen included (cable length: 160 cm)
- Records to microSD/microSDHC card (up to 32 GBytes)
- Linear PCM mono/poly recording at 44.1/48 kHz, 16/24 bits
- BWF-compatible WAV format allows inclusion of time information within audio files
- Recording and playback of MP3 format files
- Sampling rate: 44.1/48 kHz, resolution: 16/24 bits
- Bit rate: 128/192 kbit/s (recording), 32–320 kbit/s (playback)
- Switchable limiter to prevent clipping
- Switchable low-cut filter to reduce low-frequency noise
- Low/Mid/High/High+ recording level settings
- Automatic level control available
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels to provide a safety track in case of distortion (level reduction for secondary recording selectable –6/–12 dB )
- Sliding record switch and hold function to prevent misoperation during recording
- Automatic file closing function to prevent the loss of already recorded data
- Built-in clock function, supports BWF files with included time information – convenient for editing and searching
- Time track incrementing function can create new files at regular intervals (about every 15 minutes) during recording
- Playback function allows recorded data to be checked immediately
- Headphones output
- High-contrast, easy-to-read OLED display
- Micro USB-B connector for easy data transfer with a computer
- Records at least 10 hours on a single AAA battery using alkaline batteries (Evolta)
- Settings can be created as a text file on a computer and transferred to the recorder via USB
- Firmware can be updated using a microSD card
- Belt clip included
- Custom case for storing the unit and accessories included
|Recording media||microSD card (64 MB – 2 GB)
microSDHC card (4–32 GB)
|Recording/playback formats||BWF-compatible WAV format, 44.1/48 kHz, 16/24 bits, mono/poly
MP3 format, 44.1/48 kHz, 128/192 kbit/s (recording) 32–320 kbit/s (playback)
|Inputs and outputs|
|Microphone input||3.5-mm mini TRS jack (with screw lock)|
|Maximum sound pressure level (mic)||115 dB SPL|
|Minimum input level||–55 dBu (Gain H+)|
|Maximum input level||–15 dBu (Gain L)|
|Gain range||14–38 dB|
|Nominal input impedance||33 kΩ (Mic bias off)
2 kΩ (Mic bias on)
|Analogue output (Headphones jack)||3.5-mm mini stereo jack (dual mono audio output)|
|USB port||Micro-B connector, USB 2.0 High Speed Mass Storage Class|
|Frequency response (input to phones output, 10 kΩ load)||20 Hz – 22 kHz, +1/–2 dB|
|Distortion||0.05 % (1 kHz sine wave, maximum input level)|
|S/N ratio||88 dB or higher (phones level max., MIC GAIN set to L)|
|Power supply and other specifications|
|Power supply||1 AAA battery (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
USB bus power from a computer
|Power consumption||0.45 W (maximum)|
|Current consumption (USB bus power)||0.25 A (maximum)|
|Date and time data retention||Secondary lithium battery (built-in)|
|Dimensions (W × H × D)||52 mm × 56 mm × 25 mm (excluding protrusions)|
|Weight||63 g (with battery, without microphone)
51 g (without battery/microphone)
|Permissible operating temperature range||0-40 °C|
|Battery operation time|
|Conditions: WAV recording at 48 kHz/24 bit, continuous operation, JEITA recording times, in hours:minutes|
|Alkaline battery (Evolta)|
|10:00||Microphone connected, headphones not connected, mic bias off, limiter off, dual recording off, mono file|
|9:30||Microphone connected, headphones not connected, mic bias on, limiter off, dual recording off, mono file|
|NiMH battery (Eneloop)|
|8:00||Microphone connected, headphones not connected, mic bias off, limiter off, dual recording off, mono file|
|7:30||Microphone connected, headphones not connected, mic bias on, limiter off, dual recording off, mono file|
|Lithium battery (Energizer Ultimate Lithium)|
|15:30||Microphone connected, headphones not connected, mic bias off, limiter off, dual recording off, mono file|
|14:30||Microphone connected, headphones not connected, mic bias on, limiter off, dual recording off, mono file|
Design and specifications subject to change without notice.
Page last modified: 2022-12-22 14:09:58 UTC