Mic/Guitar Interface for iPad/iPhone/iPod
iXZ is a pocket-sized mic/instrument input for Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch or Android* devices. This powerful little gadget turns such a device into an instant recording studio. Plug in a microphone, guitar or bass to interact with the latest guitar amp, sampling, recording and DJ apps. The iXZ supplies phantom power for condenser microphones and a control to set the gain. There is also a headphone output to monitor from your iOS/Android* device.
The iXZ can be used in various applications and will surely be an indispensable tool for anyone who enjoys creating music.
*The iXZ has a CTIA-standard plug. When used with an Android device, an OMTP adapter is required.
- High-quality mic/instrument preamp for Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod (currently compatible with iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, iPod Touch 2G, 3G, 4G and iPad 1G, 2G) or Android devices (CTIA standard)
- Use your iOS/Android device for serious recording, guitar/bass/vocal training or karaoke
- Balanced/unbalanced combo input connector (XLR/TS)
- Switchable phantom power for condenser microphones
- Level control on mic input
- Headphone output
- Connection with Apple device via 4-pin mini plug (analogue)
- No battery required when used as instrument preamp
- Two AA batteries required for mic preamp and phantom power
- Tascam 2-track recording app can be downloaded from AppStore at no charge
- Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
iPhone, iPad and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc.
|Analogue audio inputs and outputs|
|Microphone input||XLR-3-31 (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD)|
|Input impedance||2.4 kΩ|
|Nominal input level||–42 dBu (INPUT Volume set to max.)
+2 dBu (INPUT Volume set to min.)
|Maximum input level||+2 dBu|
|Guitar input||6.3-mm mono standard jack|
|Input impedance||470 kΩ|
|Maximum input level||–10 dBV|
|Headphones output||3.5-mm stereo mini jack|
|iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad connection cable||3.5-mm 4-pin mini jack (CTIA standard, adapter required for OMTP-compatible Android devices)|
|Power supply and other specifications|
|Power supply||Two alkaline batteries or NiMH rechargeables (used for microphone input)|
|Power consumption||Approx. 0.32 W (with phantom current 5 mA)|
|Battery life time (continuous operation)||15 hours (with Evolta alkaline batteries, phantom current 5 mA)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||106 mm x 40 mm x 45 mm|
|Weight||93 g (excluding batteries)|
|Operation temperature range||5–40 °C|
Design and specifications subject to change without notice.
Last modified: 2019-11-08 12:47:04 UTC